Friday, March 4, 2011

Storyteller's Journey

When one sets out on a journey it is important to pack the necessary items for the trip. I set out on my storyteller's journey, in earnest, about four years ago. Up to that point I had only dabbled in short stories, poetry, and some journaling. It didn't take long to learn what I didn't know! Some of the first items I placed in my "writer's knapsack" were a few creative writing classes. The person who taught my Writers' Boot Camp course was the drill sergeant, Carolyn Rose. Whoops! I mean the author, of several books, Carolyn Rose. Besides all the great information I received from her, she was also very supportive of my efforts. (Not to mention that she and her author/husband - Mike Nettleton, are extremely funny!) So, if you're an aspiring author, like me, learn from those who are farther along the path to publication - or like Carolyn, have actually been there and back a number of times.   Visit Carolyn's Amazon author page

4 comments:

  1. Victoria, thanks for the good words.
    Now, drop and give me twenty paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more! Carolyn is a great teacher and I learned so much from her classes! And she and Mike are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria: I look at writing like painting. The more colors you have on your palette and the more knowledge about how to use them, the more vivid your finished work will be. We appreciate the kind words and wish you well as you take the next steps on your journey. As to being "extremely funny," it's life that's "extremely funny." We just point at it and laugh.

    Mike Nettleton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria,

    The truth is, Carolyn sent me over here to spy on you and report back to her. She's got special Boot Camp spies and combat troops. But for the right price, I'll come over to your side. :)

    ReplyDelete