Friday, May 5, 2023

Storyteller's Journey

Walk in the Woods

Last week was the first time it finally felt like spring in my neck of the woods. The Salmon Creek runs through the common area of our neighborhood and is one of my favorite natural sites.

This historic covered horse bridge serves not only horses and hikers, but also acts as a meeting place for our neighborhood get togethers in the summer. 
While many of our neighbors are horse owners, we are not. However, since I grew up with horses as a child, being around the majestic creatures always gives me a sense of deja vu. These two stallions were quite curious by my presence at first, but soon realized I was just out for a walk.
I thought this view through the trees of the distant hills was just lovely. 
As I continued walking, I soon came upon one of several ponds in the area.

I've mentioned before how much Mother Nature inspires me. While I'm busy preparing for my middle grade novel's publication in the fall, I still need to get my nature fix as regularly as I can!