Friday, January 27, 2023

Storyteller's Journey

New working Livvi Biddle Image

Here's What Inspired My Story

It seems strange that twelve years have passed since I first put pen to paper with my idea for Livvi Biddle. Back in 2011, Barack Obama was our President, Prince William and Catherine Middleton were just getting married, and none of my four books had yet been published. So much has changed in the world since that era.


However, one thing hasn't changed in the world: The need for peace. If anything, it seems we need peace in the world now, more than ever. 

My protagonist's full name is Olivia Biddle. I chose her name because it means peace, and in my middle grade series, the arc of the fantasy saga bends toward Livvi becoming a peacemaker. This will be a big stretch for Livvi since her life, as the story unfolds, is anything but peaceful. (But that's what makes a captivating character arc, right?)

So, as I proceed on my path toward publication, I'll give you insights from time to time on my progress. This story has lived in my heart for a very long time; I'm anxious to see it in the form of a book very soon!
Livvi Biddle head shot is a customized Vecteezy image.