Friday, November 23, 2018

Storyteller's Journey

Public Domain Photo
Reflections on Thankfulness

As the years in my life have elapsed one by one, I've slowly realized that I'm really thankful for everything. Yes, everything. 

Those experiences, situations, or even people who have seemed negative at first, I now see that they were sent to teach me, strengthen me, and/or humble me. Once I realized that, it became clear to me that relaxing, and going with the flow, was what I needed to work on - the rest will be what it will be. God and his universe will have His way.

That being said, family and friends will always be what I am most thankful for. This holiday season Michael (my husband) and I will be joined by all three of our adult sons, as well as our amazing daughter-in-law, for Christmas. It's been a while since we've all been home for the holidays. (Last year, we were in Arizona for my father's funeral.)

L-R: Michael, Victoria, Kevin, Brian, Jessica, & David 

Whether you have family close to you or not this holiday season, reach out to your friends. They need you just as much as you need them. My extended family is a typical American family: Different political parties and different religions, all combined together into a beautiful blended family. Maybe that's the way it was supposed to be: To teach us about a deeper love, a more enduring bond, and a better understanding of one another. May this holiday season find you closer to those you love.