Friday, February 5, 2016

Storyteller's Journey

    Five Years!

It's hard to believe that it's been five years since I first scribbled out a post here on Writ of Whimsy - what a ride! Thanks to all my blogger and writer friends for making it a blast.

It's become my custom the last few years to celebrate my blog's anniversary by donating to a worthy cause, rather than the normal practice of featuring a giveaway. This year I've decided to make a contribution to an awesome children's charity with a fantastic purpose: Reading is Fundamental. If you'd like to learn more about RIF, or would like to join me in making a donation, please click on the link.

This seems like a good time to mention that over the years my use of this blog has evolved from reflecting my journey as a full-time writer, to that of being an aspiring author, and now as a published author. If you've followed Writ of Whimsy at all, you're aware that it features book reviews on Mondays, whimsical words on Wednesdays, and my own journey as a writer/author on Fridays. I've attempted to blend posts that would interest bloggers/readers/writers, with other weekly posts that act as an online journal of my own path as a writer.

I plan to continue with that format for the foreseeable future. However, I've also begun to occasionally use the Friday meme: Storyteller's Journey to post information & news about my books, and in some cases, author events I've attended. I also occasionally feature the meme: Champions of Creativity - I've found those brief biographies of authors, artists, etc. to be informative and inspirational; I hope they might also be for you. A few years ago I was posting under the meme: Writer in the Woods; I've been pondering the idea of again posting about my passion for nature, and the inspiration I receive there.

Blogging, for me, is like doing my school homework. It somehow makes me feel like I'm on the right track as an author, and helps keep my focus in the world of writing. (It's also my journal as a writer/author.)

Again, thanks so much for your support over the years - it's been so much fun! You're always welcome to visit me on Writ of Whimsy.

(If you'd like to receive my blog posts regularly, you may do so via e-mail or through Bloglovin' - see those options on the sidebar.)