Friday, October 18, 2013

Storyteller's Journey

A Sweet Surprise!

Earlier this week I was surprised to learn that one of my favorite online pals - Ruth Schiffmann - had nominated me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award.
Thanks so much, Ruth!


The rules for the Super Sweet Blogging Award are:
1- Answer the following five questions.
2- Nominate five sweet bloggers.

1. Cookies or Cake? Definitely cookies! I can honestly say I haven't met a cookie I didn't like; although peanut butter cookies are a favorite.

2. Chocolate or Vanilla? That depends. When it comes to ice cream I am definitely a vanilla fan; if we're talking candy, it's got to be chocolate!

3. Favorite Sweet Treat? For me that's a bit like asking me which molecule of oxygen I prefer! I guess my favorite would be apple pie a la mode - although it seems that the only time I allow myself that indulgence is during the holidays!

4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things the Most? It seems that every afternoon around 3 o'clock I get hungry for a surge of sweetness. I finally came up with the idea of placing little chocolates in an empty glass jar. That way I can eat one (maybe two!) and not go crazy with the calories before dinnertime.

5. Sweet Nick Name? Gosh, I call my hubby: sweetie, honey, and even sometimes, pumpkin. But, the nick names that my husband calls me, are derivatives of my actual name: Vic, or V. (Not really sweet-sounding, but heartfelt nonetheless!)

                    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *

The five blogging friends I'd like to nominate for this award are:

Kriston Johnson - my critique partner. She's always sweet to me... even when she has to give constructive criticism!
Loree Huebner - She's one of those gals that just seems to embody sweetness.
Carol Riggs - A super writer and a sweet blogging friend.
Debbie Coope - Although she lives "across the pond," she's made me feel like we're close friends.
Elizabeth Varadan - I love her gentle sweetness...it seems to extend to the entire planet.

My candy jar!

     Hope all of my blogging buddies have a sweet weekend!

 

8 comments:

  1. Aw! That's so sweet. I will celebrate with a cup of tea and my favourite Border biscuits.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll pretend I'm sharing "a spot of tea" with you! ^_^

      Delete
  2. You're so sweet! Thanks for passing on this award to me, and congrats for getting it yourself. Happy writing and living. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun post to read! Good thing your aren't one of those people who eschews sugar..or you'd have had practically nothing to say! haha! Must agree about apple pie with ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the post, Celeste. You are also one of those blogger friends that should have been on this list! I guess since I see you periodically I forget that you're a blogging buddy too! ^_^ See you in a couple of weeks!

      Delete
  4. Awww, thanks Vic! You are pretty sweet too! But then I guess everyone already knows that, being that you got this award and all.

    ReplyDelete